Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Toddler Homework.


Jaylen has been in a new daycare facility that's based in someone's home and she is truly an amazing teacher. She works one on one with kids and evaluates them when they first come in and keeps track of how they are doing with basic skills. With Jaylen almost being 3 she did base him off of a 2 year old and noticed he needed more help with hand I coordination and just using both of his hands more. She gave him a simple but fun activity for me to do with him at home. All he had to do was string the blocks on the shoe lace and it was actually pretty difficult for him, he got frustrated easily and felt like he couldn't do it. I worked with him to keep him encouraged but didn't force it and we practices a few times until he finally got it and when he did boy was he happy and I proud of him. I'm really glad I finally got him in a place that actually takes the time to focus on him and notice what his strengths and weakness are, if I can recommend anything from my experience with corporate daycare's.. it's that you won't usually find this type of attention in them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

all content is © 20012-2014 unexpectedly amazing. all rights reserved. please do not take images or content from this site without written permission.
Template developed by Confluent Forms LLC